Have you ever heard of EC4, a LED flashlight from Nitecore’s Explorer series? This flashlight was released at last year, coming with a new idea for body design and manufacturing. It was the first flashlight which was manufactured by Die-Cast process, allowing higher standards for density of the aluminum body and heat transfer efficiency.
According to Nitecore, the EC4 is 200% the strength of an ordinary flashlight that consists of 3 separate parts. Nitecore EC4 is powered by two 18650 batteries, side by side, electrically connected in series (or 4 CR123A). A power indicator built into the on/off switch indicates remaining battery power (patented). Thanks to the Uni-body aluminum construction, it features advanced temperature regulation (ATR) technology, giving better cooling performance.
The EC4 comes with an emitter, Cree XM-L2 U2. There are 5 brightness levels and 3 special modes available. High efficiency constant current circuit enables maximum runtime of 260 hours. A SMO reflector offers focused beams of 322 meters.
This Cree XM-L2 U2 LED flashlight weighs only 171g without battery. Despite the relatively low dry weight, this lantern really gives the impression of a solid and strong product. It should be noted that this lantern has a small enough size, making it in quite a pocket version.
- Emitter Type: XM-L2 U2
- Material: Aero grade aluminum alloy
- Mode: Turbo, High, Mid, Low, Ultralow + Location Beacon, SOS, Strobe
- Lumens: 1000Lm, 520Lm, 240lm, 80lm, 1Lm
- Runtime: 1h15min, 3h, 7h30min, 16h30min, 170h
- Battery Configurations: 2 × 18650/4 × CR123 battery
- Switch Type: clicky
- Switch Location: body side of the flashlight
- Impact Resistant: 1.5meters
- Max Beam Intensity: 26000 cd
- Range: 322 meters
- Waterproof: IPX-8 waterproof
- Color: black
- Weight: 171g without battery
- Size: 150mm x 40mm (length x head size)
Finally but the most importantly, Nitecore EC4 is now sold at a large discount of 56% OFF at Banggood.